The Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Special Interest Group was formed in May 2012 to provide a forum for sharing best practice and fostering collaboration. It is aimed at medical educators who use TEL in their teaching, TEL specialists who develop and shape TEL practice within their organisations or at a national level and researchers of TEL.
Aims of TEL:
The TEL group aims to share knowledge and disseminate best practice. In particular the group has identified the need to develop a robust evidence base to support and inform the use of TEL, and to identify the impact.
To date members have identified the following themes and interests:
- Implementation of TEL and toolkits of best practice
- Mobile technology
- Staff development
- New pedagogies afforded by TEL
- Research and evaluation to build an evidence base
- Online assessment and feedback
- Virtual patients and simulation
We plan to take these forward by collaborating with others and holding events and meetings. Partners include:
- HEA medical and health professional cluster
- Other ASME SIGs
To download our TEL leaflet, please click here
Blue banner image source: Dominic Ennis, Hull York Medical School