The Chair of the Education Research Committee, Prof Clare Morris, would like to bring to your attention vacancies that have arisen on the ERC.
There are 3 places available on the committee from 30th November 2018 for a period of 3 years, with an opportunity to be re-elected for a second term thereafter.
These positions are open to any member of ASME who wishes to self-nominate. We are looking for people who:
- are research enthusiasts who wish to develop medical education research and its communities
- have time to commit to the ERC and actively work on the ERC agenda by developing, designing and delivering on key strategies
The time commitment for this role varies significantly across the year, clustered around two key events (ASME ASM in July and Researching Medical Education Conference in November). It is anticipated that you would be able to put aside up to 6 hours per month, excluding attendance at meetings.
If you are interested in applying for a role on this important committee, please email Jenny Ogg ([email protected]
) by 12 noon on Thursday 8th November 2018
with a personal statement of no more than 600 words including:
• evidence of your commitment to medical education research and its development within your own region or nationally
• details of your own academic background including any education research qualifications, publications etc.
• details of your area of interest within medical education research
• a short statement supporting your application detailing what you would bring/add to the ERC Committee.
International applications will be considered, particularly if the applicants are willing to work electronically on assessing grants etc. Attendance for international members at the ERC meeting of the ASM would be encouraged. UK members of the ERC are expected to attend all meetings, with a minimum commitment of three meetings per year as well as the Researching Medical Education conference.
Please put ERC Self Nomination
in the email subject.
Details of the work of the ERC, can be found on the dedicated pages of the ASME website https://www.asme.org.uk/erc/education-research-group.html
Prof Clare Morris
Education Research Committee