We are delighted to invite ASME Members* to submit
an application for the Research Paper Award 2024.
*you can apply for this award if you are an individual member of ASME or if you are employed by an institution that is a current member of ASME
On behalf of the Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME), which includes in its goals, the promotion of high-quality research into medical education, the Education Research Committee invites ASME Members to submit an application for the Research Paper Award. It is expected that applicants will describe research that is completed at the time of abstract submission.
Criteria by which the applications will be judged are:
- Novelty of subject matter or approach within the field of medical education research. (2x weighting).
- Contribution to the field of medical education research. (2x weighting).
- A clear statement of rationale with a relevant gap in literature identified.
- Clearly stated research question(s) and/or aims and objectives that are in concordance with the research design.
- Clear rationale for the methodological / theoretical approach taken.
- Findings from results clearly reported and the new knowledge generated by the study clearly stated.
- Relevant discussion and justified conclusions presented with. recommendations and / or relevance to practice outlined.
- The paper/submission should be unpublished at the time of application as it has to be original.
The RPA 2024 prize winner will receive:
- A certificate in recognition of the award
- The registration fee for the ASM 2024 (10th-12th July, University of Warwick) for one person will be refunded to the winner after the conference has ended.
For full information on the award and how to apply please click here.
The deadline for this award is Friday 25th January at 5pm.
ASME has a range of awards, grants and prizes available to members for all different career stages – please view them here.