ASME is a UK focused, internationally-facing membership organisation of people with a commitment and interest in medical education and training. This includes those working in medical schools, postgraduate trainers, Training Programme Directors, Deans, medical students and trainees, and medical education researchers.
ASME is unique in that it draws its members from all areas of medical education - undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing - from all specialties, and from different disciplines, hence reflecting the diversity of people involved in medical education. It provides a range of member services in the following three areas: CPD, Education and Training, Leadership development, research knowledge, skills and networks. ASME's aim is to enable members to share and further best practice in Medical Education.
Benefits of Membership
- Exchange of information. Members are medical doctors, health professionals and others involved in medical education at all levels (undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing).
- Regular mailings about ASME conferences and activities
- Regular news of ASME, and of other bodies concerned with medical education via electronic communication.
- Receipt of the monthly journal Medical Education and the bi-monthly online journal The Clinical Teacher.
- Members can apply for our varied collection of grants, awards and fellowships
- Members can become involved with our various Committees, Career Groups and Special Interest Groups.
- Members can submit abstracts for our Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- Discounted rates for members at ASME events
- Members can attend and vote the ASME AGM
- 35% discount on Wiley textbooks
To download our Membership flyer please click HERE
Costs of Individual Membership
You can join ASME by submitting the secure online Application Form (in the tab above). It normally takes around 10 working days to process your membership once we have received your application and payment. Alternatively, click here to download a paper copy of the individual membership form.
Membership is payable by Credit/Debit card or cheque. Cheques, in £ (Pound Sterling) only, should be crossed and payable to "ASME".
|Membership (per annum) including the options||Paper, online, Medical Education and TCT||Online, Medical Education and TCT||Online, and TCT only|
(Medical, Dental and Veterinary / Career grade)
Non-clinical staff / Medical, Dental and Veterinary, Clinical Training Grades, Nurses / Allied Healthcare Professionals
(Medical, Dental / Veterinary any discipline)
Only eligible for online access to journals
|F1 / F2 Only eligible for online access to journals||-||£48.00||-|