Administrative Assistant (P/T)
The Association for the study of Medical Education (ASME) is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant (Part Time) for its central offices in Edinburgh. The role will be for 15 hours/week.
ASME is a charity membership association, with members based throughout the UK and overseas. We champion and undertake research into medical education through our committee groups and their regular meetings, courses, workshops and conferences, which are attended by an international audience, including our flagship conference, the Annual Scientific Meeting, which is being held in Liverpool next year.
Our Edinburgh office organises these events and provides support to our Board, our Committees/Groups and Special Interest Groups, as well as financial, marketing and website administration.
The role will be supporting our team in providing these services. Minute taking at Board meetings will also be part of this role and will entail travel within the UK (all expenses are paid).
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Administrators who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience working in an Administration role
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- Minimum ONC in Office Administration or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and good practical working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases is essential
- Ability to prioritise workload, with a high level of care and attention to detail
- Able to travel occasionally (usually 3 – 4 times per annum in the UK)
- Organised and efficient with the ability to multi-task
- Experience of minute taking is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and competent to use their own initiative, work autonomously and able to work to numerous deadlines
- Communicates confidently and professionally with people at all levels
- Some experience of working with website systems and updating websites an advantage
- Familiar with Social Media
The role is a part time staff position with an excellent salary package.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a small, friendly and busy office, please send your CV accompanied with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in this role and what you consider you can bring to ASME to: [email protected] by 16th February 2020. Please visit our website at: www.asme.org.uk for information on what we do.
We look forward to hearing from you!