The Medical Education Sharing Day 2019: Love as a strategy for wellness: Thinking about compassion this Valentine’s Day
University of Birmingham Medical School – Centre for Professional Development, Thursday February 14th 2019, 09:30-16:30
Please join us for a day of sharing best practice at the University of Birmingham Medical School.
The growing focus on student and doctor wellness is leading to rapid developments and recognition of the use of mindfulness practices for students in medical education.
This day is open to anyone interested in introducing, integrating or improving the use of mindfulness in their clinical teaching or training programs.
Registration for the day is free (refreshments and lunch will be provided), however we will not be able to provide funding for travel
- Presentations from colleagues from around the UK on the use of mindfulness for medical students and post graduates
- Workshops on the use of mindfulness and improving wellbeing in medical education
- The opportunity to share best practice and create collaborations
Call for papers:
We invite participation to the sharing day from academics in all areas of clinical, medical and health professions education
- Posters: Size – A1, IMRAD, University/Trust logo at the top, portrait orientation
- Oral presentations: 25minutes + 10 minutes for Q&A
Themes for presentations and workshops:
- Morning: Innovations in the use of Mindfulness in Medical Education
- Afternoon: The future of Mindfulness in Medical Education
Deadline for submissions – Wednesday 16th January 2019