We look forward to seeing you (in person) at #jasme22!
Please read the following carefully, and if you have any further questions, email them to email@example.com
This year, we have two different streams under which abstracts can be submitted, to better reflect the cohorts we represent as a career group of ASME, and increase inclusivity within medical education, as well as welcoming a future generation of medical educators to conferences as early as possible.
- Stream A is standard abstract submission for completed research, like usual conferences. There is an option to preference either an oral presentation or a poster presentation.
- Stream B is also named ‘novel researchers’. Three themes have been set by the conference organisers, and delegates are able to research these themes, and write an abstract for a poster presentation about one of these themes.
- You may not submit work to both Stream A and Stream B.
Prizes will be awarded in both streams. The committee’s decision is final.
The following groups are eligible to submit abstracts into either stream:
- Medical students
- FY1 and FY2 doctors
- Allied Health Professionals Students
- Allied Health Professionals who have been qualified <2 years
Please use Harvard Referencing throughout.
Abstracts are to be submitted via Oxford Abstracts at the following link: https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/4558/submitter
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday 9th September 2022 at 11.59pm.
- Please submit a 250 word abstract for your Medical Education research, as long as it adheres to our ‘Conference Resuscitation Plan’: Anything but COVID!
- This means we would like to see research that steps outside the current norm for new papers, and is not focussed on COVID-related topics.
- If accepted, presentations will be in the form of an Oral Presentation or a Poster Presentation.
- The abstract can follow any format that is appropriate for your research, but should include clear subheadings
- You do not have to have submitted any work to a conference before to be able to submit to this stream.
- Any abstract that has been previously accepted at another conference will not be accepted. (Rejections from previous conferences can be submitted). Any research that has previously been presented at another conference without significant changes to findings will not be accepted, even if the abstract is different.
Stream B – ‘Novel Researchers’
- Please create a 250 word abstract for a poster presentation focused on ONE of the following three themes:
- Inclusion of the LGBTQ+ Community in Medical Education Scholarship
- The role of Social Media in Medical Education
- Do we need an Interprofessional Education?
- You must include three references within your poster (these do not all have to feature on the abstract), and the abstract should also feature on your poster in full.
- You can ONLY submit to this category if both of the following apply:
- You have never been involved in a formal medical education research project as an author
- You have never had an abstract accepted to a MedEd conference.
- Submissions should be individual, although we encourage working together to get started and inspired!
- If accepted, presentations will be in the form of a poster presentation only.
- The abstract can follow any form that is appropriate for your research, but should include clear subheadings.
- Some journals we recommend to look through how medical education abstracts tend to be structured are:
|JASME Member WP||£5|