ASME is committed to ensuring that its activities do not harm the environment, wherever possible.
1. Keep the printing of documents to a minimum, by using electronic communication as much as possible, instead.
2. Always print documents on duplex wherever possible
3. Re-cycle our paper, cans, plastic bottles and other items, on a regular basis
4. Ensure that our electricity usage is kept to a minimum through turning off lights/heating in empty or unused rooms
5. Encourage our staff to use public transport/cycle/walk to/from the office or to conferences/meetings, wherever practicable
6. Ensure that any office consumables are environmentally friendly
7. Aim to ensure that any third party companies providing services/goods to ASME are also working in an environmentally responsible manner
8. Encourage our Groups/Committees/SIGs to use public transport or the most environmentally friendly transportation available, when attending meetings, conferences etc
9. Encourage our Members to use public transport or the most environmentally friendly transportation available, when attending meetings, conferences etc
10. Endeavour to use online meeting forums whenever possible, rather than face to face meetings which require travel.
11. Endeavour to reduce waste at our events/conferences/meetings by utilising re-usable consumables wherever possible