To support and promote the evidence informed professional development of the community of medical educators.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Promote and disseminate good practice for the benefit of patient care.
- Encourage the scholarly development and career progression of educators.
- Facilitate networking and collaboration across medical education communities.
We do this by:
- Involvement in planning and running themed sessions at the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)
- Developing educators through various events, and through the bestowing of various Educator Development Committee awards
- Running regional and national events to address topical learning needs of medical educators
- Promoting collaboration with other relevant organisations and interest groups supporting educator development