The call for abstracts for our upcoming 2022 Annual Scholarship Meeting (ASM) is open!
This year’s ASM will be taking place in Aberdeen over the course of three days, Wednesday 6th – Friday 8th July.
We are all testament to the fact that the way we teach and work was significantly disrupted during the pandemic. Following on from last year’s theme of ‘Disrupted Medical Education’, our theme this year is ‘Future proof medical education: practical wisdom and adapting to change’.
There are 3 categories of presentation this year.
1. Oral Presentation
- The assessment panel will award these presentation slots to those submissions of the highest quality.
- Presenters of papers accepted as oral presentations are expected to present their work in parallel session and receive feedback during the session.
- Format: 10 minutes for presentation / 5 minutes for comments and feedback.
2. E-Poster Presentation
- E-poster presentations are invited for research and innovations that have not been developed to the completeness required for oral presentation.
- Presenters of papers accepted as e-poster are expected to speak about their e-poster(s) during the programmed chaired e-poster session.
- Format: 3 minutes presentation time / 2 minutes for comments and feedback
3. Video presentations
- Video presentations are an alternative to e-posters presentation, and are also invited for research and innovations that have not been developed to the completeness required for oral presentation.
- Presenters of papers accepted as video presentations are expected to attend the meeting, and must record and upload a video file (2 minutes maximum) and a 250 word summary with text which will support the video detailing the salient points of your research.
- Format: Video and text will be shared on the on-demand conference platform as well as in the Mini-Theatre at the venue during the ASM
Why submit an abstract?
There are many benefits for accepted abstract authors:
- Option to opt in to be eligible for various different prizes at the time of submission
- Abstracts will appear in the conference papers for the ASM on the ASME website in the lead up to the conference
- Abstracts will be published in The Clinical Teacher Journal supplement in late 2022
- Video abstracts will also be streamed on the on-demand conference platform
- Opportunity to network with other medical educators
- Certificate of participation
How to submit an abstract?
Submissions are now closed.
Where to find more information?
If you have any questions relating to the call for abstracts please email: email@example.com
You can also send us a message via #SoMe or comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!