ASME Mission Statement
- Advancing Scholarship in Medical Education
- Established in 1957 by the General Medical Council (GMC) to promote and conduct research into medical education
- Regular events and workshops, including flagship Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) and Researching Medical Education (RME)
- World-wide respected scientific journals - Medical Education and The Clinical Teacher
- Professional development through awards, papers, recognition and networking
- Promote high-quality research into medical education.
- Provide opportunities for developing medical educators.
- Disseminate good evidence-based educational practice.
- Inform and advise Governmental and other organisations on medical education matters.
- Develop relationships with other organisations and groupings in healthcare education.
Education and learning are central to the delivery of high-quality healthcare. Education must be an important component in the strategies of Governmental and other healthcare organisations. Good healthcare educators are central in planning, delivering and evaluating high-quality healthcare. Individual members of ASME should be supported and developed. High-quality research is necessary for the development of healthcare education. Vision, innovation and leadership in healthcare education are to be fostered.