The Junior Association for the Study of Medical Education (JASME) is a career group within ASME for medical students and junior doctors. One of its key goals is to encourage, promote and conduct medical education research initiated by students. Therefore we are pleased to offer one award each year to a Foundation Doctor for innovation in the field of medical education. The awards are to encourage and reward individuals who show imagination and enthusiasm for developing new ideas in medical teaching or education.
JASME is pleased to award up to two cash prizes to Foundation Year doctors who have undertaken a project or piece of work surrounding an original and innovative idea within medical education.
Applicants should submit a description of their work, detailing:
- How and why the innovation has been implemented
- How this has changed educational practice.
Applications should include reference to wider education theory and research. Higher scoring applications are highly innovative and provide evidence showing how the innovation will be sustained in future years. The work should not have been previously funded by ASME or JASME.
The winner will be invited to present their work at the TASME Spring Conference. Exceptional entries will be encouraged to submit their work for presentation at the ASME Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Applications should be made via the online submission form.
- The submission should be attached to the online application and be on A4 (minimum font size 12pt Arial font) using Microsoft Word.
- The word count is 1000, excluding references.
- All applicants must be a student member of ASME/JASME at the time of submission. Non-members can join ASME/JASME online for a small fee and experience the host of other student member benefits of ASME.
- Submissions via the online submission form should be received between 12th November 2018 and 22nd January 2019. .
All information required to enter this award is published on this webpage. No discussions regarding possible entries or results of the judging will be possible.
Entrants will be notified of their success or otherwise as soon as possible after the award deadline, please note, if an applicant is successful but unable to attend the TASME conference we may ask the applicant to provide us with a blurb or video to be presented at the conference.
|Intended Audience||Foundation Doctors who have completed a project|
|Nature of Award||Monetary prize plus TASME Spring Conference Registration to present their work.|
|Current Status||Open to submissions|
|Deadline||22nd January 2019|