The ASME Newsletter
The Understanding Medical Education Series
Understanding Medical Education is a series of extended papers designed to meet the needs of all newcomers to medical education, whether undergraduate or postgraduate, including those studying at certificate, diploma or masters level. It provides an authoritative, up-to-date and comprehensive resource summarising the theoretical and academic bases to modern medical education practice. Contemporary in style, easy to read and above all, useful. After reading a publication in the series the reader should not only be better informed about their field of interest but be able to assimilate their new knowledge into their clinical teaching or academic activities.
We are pleased to announce the 2nd edition of the text book Understanding Medical Education: Evidence, Theory and Practice was released in December 2013. ASME members qualify for a discount on the cost of the book (full price £39.99), cost to ASME members £32.00. Each chapter in the text book is now available as an electronic download. To order, please click here.
Now available for Kindle on Amazon.
History of ASME
- Click here to download the History of ASME.
Other ASME Publications
- Promoting open approaches with the UK PSRB/subject associations in medicine
- Compendium of UK Undergraduate Medical Courses
- Clinical Placements: never mind the quality feel the width! - Summary Report of Survey of 28 UK Medical Schools
- Lay Clinical Educators conference report 2006.